Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Parents came for a visit


My parents came for a visit last year and we had a great time. This was my dads first time visiting Boston so we did quite a bit of site seeing. The weather was pretty rainy and cold but we still had fun. We headed over to the USS Constitution, the U.S.A's oldest floating war ship, in fact it is still in commission which is pretty cool. We had a tour of the boat and went through the museum. My dad is a "sailor" he has a sailboat and wishes he had a huge 50 footer that he could sail from alaska to mexico, so he loved the tour. One of these pictures is of him getting saluted by another sailor, my dad was in the Navy way back when. We also headed up to New York and went to Joseph Smiths house and the sacred grove. I wish the weather would have been better and Jack was pretty sick of sitting so asking him to stand still while we took the tour was out of the question. He just wanted to touch everything and run around ( I don't blame him, it was a long drive) we then headed up to Niagra Falls and that was truly amazing. We rode on the Maiden Mist down by the bottom of the falls and all I could think about was how in the world did a handful of people survive that fall. Crazy! Again the weather was less than desirable but on the positive side there weren't very many people there because of the rain and cold so it was pretty nice. I'm going to try to find the other pictures from the falls. Notice Jared isn't in any of the pictures because he couldn't come with us due to school. boo! I guess we will have to make another trip next summer so he can come along.















No comments: