Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all mothers today. We went up to Logan on saturday for a dutch oven dinner with Jared's family. It was a delicious dinner but I was pooped. I worked all night long friday night and I only ended up getting an hour and a half of sleep before we headed up to Logan so I wasn't the most chipper person so I apologize to everyone that had to be around me. I was a tad bit grouchy. Jared and Jackson gave me a very nice gift. Jared wrapped a box with a wet diaper in it (it was only water, but that is how Jackson supposedly helped) and there was a letter inside that said I get to go to the melting pot tomorrow for my gift (I love the melting pot, YUMMMMM). At the time I was really grossed out by the wet diaper and I was a little mean about it so I am sorry Jared it was a great gift and I am super excited to go eat yummy fondue. After dinner we went over to the cemetary and planted some flowers at Eva's headstone. They are small now but will be beautiful in a month. They are called vincas! Beautiful, probably one of my favorite flowers!
Sunday was my day with my mom and family and it was great because my dad, Jared and brother in law all made dinner and cleaned up for all of the women. I think it should be like that every sunday. Ohhh wishful thinking.
Monday Jared had to go to St. George for work so Jack and I went along for the ride. Sometimes I complain that I don't get to spend enough time with Jared because he is traveling all the time and is a workaholic but I have to say I am really grateful I have a hard working husband. I feel really lucky to be able to stay home with Jackson and if it weren't for Jared I wouldn't be able to do that so this is me telling Jared thank you. I love you. Anyway... sorry for that little tangent I was just saying that it was really nice being able to spend time with Jared even if it was just time spent driving in a car. We got to St. George late monday night and then Tuesday he had meetings so I of course went shopping. Fun! and then I went and visited a cousin of mine that I haven't seen in over four years and then we just drove home again. There was a lot of driving this past couple of days but it was nice.
I would have had some more pictures to post but my camera batteries died.

7 comments:

Katy said...

What a great day, sounds so fun! Little Eva's headstone is beautiful, I love the silhouette- and the flowers are going to be so pretty! Happy Mother's Day!!

Unknown said...

I a glad you had such a good Mother's Day, the flowers are beautiful I agree. It is good you got to spend some time as a family even if it was in the car :).

Natelli Johnston said...

Oh her grave looks beautiful.

Melissa said...

Oh, Sue, I love you!

Unknown said...

Hey Susan,
I sent you an invite to nspoulsen@yahoo.com but I don't know if that is the right email address. If it isn't email me at ladybugchic@hotmail.com so I can add you to my blog :)
Adelyn

Amy F. said...

Don't you just love holidays and crazy family time?! Wow, you must have worked really hard to not have gotten any sleep. You poor girl! And the flowers are beautiful. Happy Mother's Day!

Lisa said...

That is you grouchy? I've never seen a more beautiful mom who has had absolutely no good sleep! Twas fun to see you (and that dutch oven dinner was yummiliscious) And especially fun to see that cutie of yours. oh yea.. and Jared. *grins*