Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jared in Mongolia


Jared has been in Mongolia for the past week and a half and we have missed him so much, this is the longest he has ever been away from us. He is there for work. They are designing a new city near the border of China. He spent the first couple of days in the capital of Mongolia, I have no idea what the name of it is, and then he took a 14 hour train ride to the property he will be helping develop and he said that there are herds of camels roaming about and that the hotel he stayed in made a motel 6 look like a 5 star hotel. He said that he had running water the other day and he got to take a shower by sprinkling water over himself while sitting in a small tub. Next he is off to Korea to look at three other potential sites and then he will finally come home. Jared is having some awesome experiences with his job but we sure miss him while he is away.

4 comments:

Hayley said...

How fun to hear from you! It has been years since I have seen you, which makes me laugh because we used to do so much together....back in our dating days you know. I can see that you guys have had your trials too, and hope things are great for you. Your little one is handsome!

Jan said...

What an awesome experience (aside from the hotel)! Cute pictures at the pool and you've gotta love the first smiles - just so sweet.

Natelli Johnston said...

I think I know where I want to go on my next vacation. right by those pretty camels. we (Michelle, Amy, and myself) went to see jumper tonight at ten. not very good.

Ashly said...

so which one's Jared? ;o) kidding- what a cool experience. wish we'd be seeing you and your cute baby at the family reunion. but unless you'll be able to hook me up with an epidural, it won't be happening this year... talk to you later :)
ashly